tutti foodie

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Zucchini, anyone? My one zucchini plant has been graciously producing an abundance of green speckled squash for my cooking pleasure. Jars of pickles, sweet moist breads and a deep-flavored zucchini, pepper, onion, tomato casserole are just the beginnings of this much appreciated summer bounty. This recipe is from Morning Glory Farm. I added some fresh squeezed lemon juice and lots of salt and pepper. After sauteeing the veggies with chopped garlic and basil, the casserole is baked with a topping of mozzarella and cheddar cheese until it is bubbly and cheesy and juicy and melty-in-your-mouthy. If I didn't have braces, I would have sopped up the rich broth with hunks of toasted garlic baguette. But, alas, I had to tip my plate and slurp up every last drop. 

1 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger carol finney mayer said...

they STILL hurt??? i am so making that thing tonight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home