tutti foodie

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Cleaning my dresser is quite the adventure. Unearthed grocery shopping lists reveal mysterious ingredients like 40 cloves of unpeeled garlic for a no doubt savory chicken dish. Computer printouts decipher foodie code for passata:sieved tomato pulp. Uncovered buried maps direct me to treasure spots like the Hog Island Oyster Farm. Book Marks from Lemon Tree Pottery in Brewster on Cape Cod (where I bought a local Cape Cod cookbook only to open it up and discover a picture of my brother with his world record striped bass) turn up from beneath the heap. Finding yet unprinted black and white negatives from drives to the "country" (only 20 minutes away) remind me that losing things for a while holds the secret joys of rediscovery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home