tutti foodie

Saturday, April 11, 2009


 Wow this was an extraordinarily easterly inspiredly day today. woke up early to cruise over to The Caning Shop  in Berkeley to purchase a Ukrainian Easter Egg dye kit only to find  an empty nest. Too late .... all gone. sooooooo I bought the last few packets of dye they did have (pink, red, pumpkin and brick) and hoped that I could find my silk dyes when I got home. Since egg shells are made of protein, silk dyes will color eggshells boldly. Detoured to The Cheeseboard. My first trip there and another Wow...cheese, bread, buns and PIZZA...I mean easterly saturdayly pizza to bake when I got home. (delish). Another detour, had to run to Amazon and order the Cheeseboard cookbook . Spent an hour in the attic searching for the silk dyes, only to discover them in the garage. Hooray, let the dyeing begin. Wow, what a holy easterly mess caboodle did I make. Melting beeswax in an electric fry pan, tjanting equipment, electric waxing pen, powdered dye, jars of mixed dye, paper towels, newspapers, boiling water, vinegar, nails and eggs, print-outs of Ukranian egg designs and instructions and I end up with POLKA DOTS, marbles, a little deer, an iron chick, folded, cut sale ads and wondering if I really am Ukrainianly?

3 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger carol finney mayer said...

why does this remind me of making gingerbread houses???

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger julieannie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger julieannie said...

HA ha ha ha. The gingerbread house making would be hard to beat in the hilarity department. Emily's birthday cake was a laugh riot also. I think I left out the baking powder? Let's do noodles next. Maybe we should tape it for a comedy cooking show, Ethel?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home