tutti foodie

Saturday, May 02, 2009







gnocchi gnocchi bo bocchi...oh, gnocchi...gnocchi dame...pingnocchio...what fun we had trying our first batch of potato gnocchi. completely frightened by the "do not add too much flour or you will be eating gummy gick" warning, my first batch completely disintegrated in the boiling water. disregarding the aforementioned taboo,  a few handfuls of flour was all the dough kneaded. Roll, cut, fork and press and our counter was filled with little soft pillow shoes left out in the snow. boil, fry, cheese and season. yummy, not gummy, okie gnocchi?

2 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger carol finney mayer said...

yumm. my riceta from maria cecere goes like this...
1 potato per person
1 egg
poco aqua
handful farina

where did you get yours???

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger julieannie said...

I got it from lydia. I used a pound of riced potatoes that i riced in the old-school cheese grater with the turning handle since i couldn't find my ricer, i salted the potatoes while they dried a bit,1 egg, and probably a little over a cup of flour. where do you get your farina? i want to keep making these until they are "in me."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home