tutti foodie

Sunday, May 07, 2006



Sunday 8:12 pm and there is so much left to do before work tomorrow. Hard to believe the weekend is almost gone. Hooray for the rain that we all complained about. The trail up Sweeny Ridge was paved with about a million colorful wildflowers. I have some sandwiched in between the pages of my thickest art book and I can't wait to open up the book in a week and begin my wildflower notebook with the first pressings of the season. Dinner Saturday night was compliments of my friend Carol and her husband Tim. Vegetarian never tasted this good. As Tim says, Carol wants to be Italian. I awarded her an honorary distinction due to her nonna ways. Deep flavors surfaced in her roasted potatoes and asparagus with parmesan, homemade foccacia with just the right amount of herbs and crunch, and a puffy light egg, herb, spinach, cheese frittata with that golden edge climbing up the baking dish. Grazie infinite Carol and Tim for a completely satisfying bella notte.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home