tutti foodie

Monday, April 24, 2006

Remember the preserved lemons? They are finally ready for some good cookin'! I was prepared to simmer up a potato turkey Moroccan stew (My good cookin' friend, Susan Yum Yum, made this stew the other day and it was Yum Yum!) until I went to buy a turkey breast at our big fancy uptown grocery store. At $5.98 per pound that little gobbler would have cost $24.00, no thanks. May I please have 3 bone-in chicken breats? Yes ma'am that will be $19.00. AAAAHHHHHH! After the butcher and I had a big hardy har over the price of a CHICKEN...I made him put the breasts back. Being a Lucky Ducky, I spotted a whole chicken on sale for $1.29 per pound, so for $4 and some change my dinner was lookin' a "whole" lot better. The stew became a delicious Moroccan carrot-potato-onion-chicken roast. The Morroccan in this dish is cinnamon, that old man cumin, red pepper, and one jar of preserved lemons. The combined spices and preserved lemons create a soft, silky, mellow veil of flavor, subtle yet distinctive. Chewy raisins, crisp apples, creamy Havarti cheese and homemade croutons tossed into the salada add the sweetness and crunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home